Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shameless Self Promotion

I have some exciting news! Every year around this time, one of my favorite blogs, Apartment Therapy, hosts their Room for Color contest. And every year, I think "I'm not ready, but I have plenty of time to get ready to enter next year." Of course next year comes around, and I am still not ready.

So this year, I decided that ready or not, I was entering. And I did! And our living room was chosen as one of the entries.


Even more exciting, we are first place in our division right now. I can hardly believe it, because there are so many amazing rooms in the contest, and mine was just done by me, on a shoestring budget, so it's kind of surreal seeing it on there.

Even if we don't win, it has been a great experience. For one thing, my living room is really clean and decluttered--you might have guessed that it doesn't always look like the pictures. For another, I took so many pictures that I finally figured out how to effectively adjust my aperture and shutter speed. How cool is that?  Now I won't feel so outclassed by my camera.

If you're interested in seeing more pictures and voting, you can do it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment