Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Additives and Addiction



I know I haven't posted in a while. Last week was exhausting.

Apparently the classic Rice Dream is acceptable on the Feingold diet, but the enriched Rice Dream was not. Guess which kind I bought last time I was at the store? Two cartons of it.

She had it four days in a row, and we could not figure out what was going on. I didn't think to check, of course, because I thought the milk was okay. What's the difference between the two? I am not sure, except that the enriched contains Vitamin A palmitate and the classic version does not.

You might be wondering what's wrong with Vitamin A? Well, Vitamin A palmitate is sometimes preserved with BHA or BHT. BHA and BHT are preservatives which can cause problems for certain individuals. Like Lissie.

The thing that really gets me about it is, how much Vitamin A palmitate is even in a carton of Rice Dream? And how much preservative was added to it?  It's like nothing at that point, wouldn't you think?  And yet, it throws Lissie into a complete tailspin for five days. Five days! Because she had a few glasses of "enriched" Rice Dream.

Also, this:


No matter how long you put it off, and no matter how many times you do it, it does not get easier.

And to top it off, we've all had the sniffles for a few days and are feeling a little under the weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment