Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Fun

This week our story is "The Elder Brother" from the book For the Children's Hour by Carolyn S. Bailey, and we made these leaves of clay.




"The Elder Brother" is a very sweet story where the leaf is the elder brother and the bud pushing out is the younger brother. It's not one I was familiar with, but we've all enjoyed reading it this week. In fact, I have been waiting (very impatiently!) for enough leaves to change color so we could read it. I have a several leaf related crafts we'll be doing, and we should have plenty of time for them, because I still haven't felt comfortable adding coloring or painting back into our schedule.

If you're interested in the story, the full text of the book can be found here: The Baldwin Project. I don't remember where I first heard about this site, but it has been a wonderful resource for us. Everything is organized by title, author, subject and genre, and there are sections for Waldorf and Ambleside books by grade. Many are available to read or print right from the website, and they publish others which you can order directly from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment