Saturday, September 10, 2011

Strawberry Pants Forever

What is that saying about the shoemaker's children having no shoes? Well, that's what it's like at our house. Aside from our kids having too many shoes, and neither of us knowing a thing about making them, I mean. But I do make clothes, so how is it that Lissie doesn't have a single pair of pants that covers her ankles? Oops!

In an attempt to remedy the situation, I let her go through my fabric stash last week and pick out her favorites. I have a pattern I'd been wanting to try and it was a great opportunity to get in some more practice with my new serger. Problem solved?

Not exactly.



Maxine saw them hanging over the back of my chair and announced "Apple. Wear that." Which she did.  Completely unfinished. Unironed, unhemmed, unelasticized, all through the house, over her pajamas, all the way until bedtime. And then they sat in my sewing room, completely forgotten, for a week.


Until I found time to finish them. And then Lissie tried them on. Max was devastated. I think she thought they were for her. Silly girl. Someone should tell her the third child never gets anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment