Monday, March 25, 2013

One More Lazy Days Skirt

Here's another Lazy Days skirt that I whipped up a while ago, then waited a week for enough sunshine to take pictures of. I've had this Heather Ross fabric for a while now. At least a year. It's so pretty and hard to find that I've been kind of afraid to use it, but what's the point of having pretty fabric stashed in a cupboard?


I decided to go with a simple pattern that I've made before, so there was no chance of messing it up. And I think it worked. I'm really happy with the results. I didn't have any ribbon that looked right with this fabric, so I did a regular hem. It looked a little too plain after that, so I sewed a simple lace trim two inches from the bottom.

I think it adds just the right touch.


The best way to get Lissie to smile, of course, is to tell her not to smile. So this is her "serious face." I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment